It goes without saying, that out of the many eye problems that people may experience, cataracts can be one of the most serious. Furthermore, cataract occurs when your eye lens turns cloudy and impairs your eyesight by blocking some or all of your vision. If left untreated, cataracts can lead almost inevitably to blindness and disability. Moreover, cataracts symptoms can range from blurred vision and dull colors to long-distance vision issues. Often the symptoms will creep up slowly so you might not notice until it is too late. Besides, while you can find a plethora of homeopathic eye drops for cataract cure, there are still a number of factors that you need to take into account for preventing cataract.
Furthermore, while there is no proven way for preventing cataracts, but certain lifestyle changes and habits can help significantly in slowing cataract development. Read on to find out five effective tips to prevent cataract.
- Increase your intake of Vitamin E– Without a doubt, a crucial factor that you need to take into consideration for preventing cataract is increasing your intake of vitamin E, as it helps in protecting the lens from free radicals. In addition to taking Vitamin E, you may also consume foods that are a good source of Vitamin E such as spinach, mustard greens, sunflower seeds, almonds among many others.
- Avoid sight-threatening practices- One of the major factors that you need to take into account for preventing cataract is making sure you avoid sight-threatening practices. Furthermore, it is vital that you avoid cigarette smoking and excessive alcohol consumption. Besides, cigarettes contain chemicals that can lead to cataract development, while excessive consumption of alcohol can lead to rapid protein breakdown.
- Increase your intake of antioxidants- When it comes to preventing cataract, make sure you increase your intake of antioxidants. Moreover, foods that are high in antioxidants include green, leafy vegetables, fruits and whole grains among others.
- Protect your eyes from UV rays– Protecting your eyes from UV rays is one of the simplest, yet most reliable ways to prevent cataract. Besides, it has been medically proven that exposure to sunlight can cause cataracts to form at a much younger age, Numerous studies have also shown a trend in cataracts among people who live in tropical countries near the equator as well as those working outside under the hot sun. Furthermore, make sure you use a pair of ultraviolet protective sunglasses or even a hat.
- Eat nutritious food- Another major factor that you need to take into account for preventing cataract is eating nutritious food and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
While these were some of the tips and tricks to prevent cataract, there are many others, such as take a good multivitamin every day, avoid sunlamps and tanning booth, avoiding the use of steroid among many others. Besides, while you can find numerous homeopathic eye drops for cataract cure, make sure you keep in mind the above-mentioned tips and tricks for slowing the rate of cataract development in no time.